Mishawaka Indiana, a city in St. Joseph County. It is on the St. Joseph River, east of South Bend, which it adjoins. Clothing, rubber and leather footwear, foundry equipment, furniture, structural steel, and machinery are among products made here.
The site was once occupied by an Indian village named Mishawaka. In the early 1830's the St. Joseph Iron Works was established on the south side of the river and a village called Indiana City was laid out on the north side. In 1839 the two settlements were combined as Mishawaka. It was incorporated as a city in 1899. Government is by mayor and council.